Friday, March 21, 2014

A bugging thing in everyday Linux based OSs

As an everyday Operating System I am using Elementary OS for more than a month now. I have to admit, it is one of the best Ubuntu based OSs out there. The feeling you get by using it is of a premium software. Everything feels carefully thought and crafted.

Before that I have used other operating systems such as Linux Mint, Ubuntu, etc. All of them very easy and comfortable to use

Having said that there is something that throughout the years I have not quite grasped yet. Streaming videos seems a seamless experience in Windows. You open the video and whether it is 5 mins or 50 mins it will prevent your laptop from going to sleep or from dimming the brightness. Also the mouse will also fade away. This doesn't happen in ElementaryOs or Linux Mint or even Ubuntu.


I am not talking about sites like YouTube. I am talking about Putlocker(now Firedrive),  Gorillavid, NovaMov, VidBux and copy sites of the aforementioned. They rely solely on  flash player without any extras.

I am annoyed of my laptop going to sleep halfway through the movie.

In software such as VLC this doesn't happen.

Do you have the same problem as me? If so comment what you think, or whether you have a solution about this(other than increasing the time it takes before the laptop goes to sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment